Wow! Can you believe it is December already? Where did the year go?
I wrapped up my 13 in 13 challenge on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and am glad it is over. I need to take a step back and slow down a bit. Well…focus on this marathon and then slow down, but not sign up for so much!
The remainder of the weekend was filled with quite a few shocks.
A neighbor of our’s passed away in his sleep at the age of 31.
Our dear friends announced they will be adding to their family.
Paul Walker died.
Our puppers got bit by another dog at the dog park.
So yes…very restful and uneventful weekend, huh?
Anyways, we did get to spend time with family and friends throughout the weekend. My mom and I did our “Black Friday” shopping and got our 8th Costco cookbook. We usually go out around 9/10a on Friday..it seems to be a lull in the crazies on Black Friday. And, we did some resting and relaxing and snuggling up with the puppers.
So onto my December goals!
1. Finish boot camp — we just finished workout 7 of 12. Saturday will be our mid-point weigh-in (moved from this past Saturday). I am really enjoying it!
2. Train with my trainer – I wrapped up 10 sessions with my trainer and am going to book another 10. I’d like to get in there at least once a week to train.
3. Run/Cardio 2-3 times per week — I NEED to get more cardio endurance in before the marathon in January!
4. Track my food — every day this month! I’m working on this!
5. Get 5k steps per day on my fitbit — Some days I rock it and knock out 10k before lunch. Other days I’m lucky if I hit 2k. I’m shooting for 5k/day as a goal for December!
6. Eat more homemade and less processed food — We did pretty well with this in early November and fell off the bandwagon for the end with all of our many events and scheduling issues! I’m writing up a food plan tonight!
7. Successful fundraising event for Spring 2014 TNT — Our event is schedule for Dec 7 as a holiday vendor shopping event. We have 10 or 11 vendors lined up so far and are hoping to get some good foot traffic!
8. Get decorated for the holidays by 12/8! Tree is up, ornaments are ready to go on, decor is pulled out…just gotta get it up! I also ordered our Christmas cards today so we are on target with that too!
9. Put together a 2014 budget by 12/16 — We need a budget and we need to stick to it. We are fine financially, but want to make some changes in the near future so getting used to a budget will be good for us!
10. Spend time with family and friends! A MUST anytime of year, but especially around the holidays!
Welp, that’s it!
What’s on your goals list for December?